Wednesday 24 September 2008

Why Standard Ten?

Being of advanced years I am increasingly drawn to the quieter, happier days of my youth.

Collecting conkers in the Autumn, playing marbles in the Spring, fishing for minnows in the gentle Summer streams.

I stress that I am not actually doing these things, I just yearn for those times.

To try and relive those halcyon days of youth I have decided to find a car of my youth, and restore it to its former glory.

Thus a blog was born. In this journal I intend to record the ups and downs, the difficulties and triumphs of a restoration of a Standard Ten saloon car of 1958.
I will document the process of a restoration and hopefully come out the other side a wiser man.

I look forward to any comments, criticisms and assistance anyone may offer.

2 comments:

PUBLICITY OFFICE said...

Great Idea I too have a web site at www.standardflyingeight.co.uk where I keep an on going web site asbout my own car

good Luck I bought my car by accident when I forgot to put Morris in front of pre war 8 tourer on search google and thus up came my Standard . Woudn't part with it now though

Standard Ten said...

Stan looks really well in those pics Darrell. It's just a bit of a shame that we are almost as far apart as you can get in England without having to don the tartan.